Tuesday, January 5, 2010

THANK YOU!!!!

I wanted to thank EVERYONE for the many kind words and many, many prayers for my mom and family. Tonight I showed Mom the blog for the first time and read to her all the comments here and on facebook. After I asked her if she knows how much she is loved..... no words came out but she teared up and put her head on my shoulder. She knew people out there cared but to have so many share their love for her couldn't come at a better time. She has lived a life of service for others and to be on the receiving end cannot be explained in words. The only thing we can say back is THANK YOU!!!

As for progess... more doctor visits. We scheduled next weeks daily radiation visits. She is SUPER excited about that. We also attended a Chemo class tonight to explain what all she will be going through. GOOD NEWS, the medications she will be taking won't cause her hair to fall out. It may thin a little bit but shouldn't be too bad. (I would have shaved it with her.... well at least that is what I will tell her now). She did have her feeding tube hooked up to the food today so she could start getting some nutrients. They are starting her out small and will build it up. She doesn't enjoy having the feeding tube in because it's so uncomfortable (and has sympathy for all those who have had to have one) BUT she does need the nutrients so hopefully soon she'll have some more energy and be grateful.

THANKS AGAIN and keep the PRAYERS coming. We need all that we can get right now.

2 comments:

dreamofgenie2008 said...

Karen, we were so sorry to hear about your set back, and that's all it will be for this journey.Our prayers are with you, and we have put your name in at the Temple. You are a very special person, and I know Heavenly Father is watching over you at all times. We will be watching to see how your progress is doing. Love, Nancy and Dick Rogers

The Hemenway's said...

Thanks Val and Kim for creating a blog, so we can all be updated!!! I left a long comment, it didn't post it. But we love you MOM, Grandma, we are all praying for you, and when I forget in prayer at the stop light, the kids reminded me when I was done, you forgot grandma, so we love you and you are always in our thoughts!!! Greg, Darcy, Jordyn, Raquel, Alyssa, Hunter and Jennie