Friday, January 22, 2010

On the mend

So much has happened in the last 4 weeks since we arrived home. I cannot believe that I am the same person. My energy level has increased. I am able to eat real food. I can even get things accomplished during the day.
Yesterday I went through the boxes we had shipped home, and put the things away. We only had 4 boxes shipped, but for some reason, until now, it seemed like an insurmountable task to open them and get the contents organized and put away.
It is wonderful to be able to sleep in a bed now, which I have done for the past three nights. I am not on the feeding tube at all now, so I don't have to sleep in a sitting position. I still have the wonderful nose ring (the feeding tube) in position, and will leave it there until they feel that it is safe to take it out. It doesn't bother me that much any more.
I am so thankful for all the things that people have done for us. The Relief Society brought food in last night. I felt kind of guilty, accepting it when I am feeling so much better and capable of fixing food now. The food was wonderful and so appreciated. But, alas, I am going to have to let them know that I am feeling so much better.
I appreciate so much the fact that you are interested in my welfare. Your faith is working, and your prayers in my behalf are truly being heard. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

The Hemenway's said...

We are so grateful to hear that you are doing so well. You are in our thoughts and prayers daily. You still need to rest and take the help that comes your way. You have helped so many people along the way through your life, that its time to let others help you. But we are glad you are feeling more energy, able to eat, sleep, what a blessing. We love you and are so happy it is going well.
Darcy and the family

Maverick and Aissa Mitton said...

We are also glad that you are doing better! So nice to hear. Keep fighting and keep getting stronger! We miss you and love you lots!

Maverick and Aissa