Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Good News From the Dr

Dr. Sause, my Dr of radiation reassured me today that what I am experiencing in not being able to swallow food again is a sign that the treatment is working. I had become a little disapponted that I was backsliding instead of going forward, but he insisted that I was right on course. I am feeling well and my energy level is still up, even after the more aggressive chemo treatment from yesterday.

Tomorrow is the halfway mark of my chemo and radiation treatment. The time has flown much faster than I ever expected. I feel that I am really on the way back.

I feel the support from the ward and friends here, as well as you who are following the blog from afar. Thanks for always being there for me. I love you!

3 comments:

Von Orgill said...

Aloha Sister Hemenway,

We're excited for the good news! We keep praying every day for your health and recovery!

God bless you and Elder Hemenway!

With love,

Von & Sherri

storyweaver said...

Such good news, Karen. I'm so glad the treatment is going well and that you conquering the cancer. You are loved and remembered in prayers.
Rosemarie

Dennis Reber Family said...

We are praying for you here in Sutherlin too Karen. We love you and pray for your recovery. We are sorry you have to go through this experience!