Sunday, January 17, 2010

A great Sunday

What a great day it has been today. Kim came over while Arvel and Val were at Church (her ward meets in the afternoon.) She gave me the Sunday School lesson and we had a great discussion about the creation. The Priests came over after Church and administered the Sacrament for me. It was really special for me.
I know that the tumor is shrinking because I was able to eat today--not a lot--but I didn't even have a hint of throwing it up. I am going to have to learn how to adjust my feeding tube feeds to account for the food I can actually eat. I was hoping that the feeding tube could be taken out and I could just eat. However, the Dr. says that it will eventually be really sore when I eat, and I should keep the feeding tube in for my security. It is wonderful what they can do with technology. I feel really confident that I am getting the best care in the world.
Thank you all for your love and support. It helps boost my morale and confidence. I know that the Lord is really helping me through this challenge. I feel His love for me through you. Thanks for staying close to the spirit to know the things that I need. You are wonderful.

6 comments:

The Hemenway's said...

We love you mom -- I am glad things went well today. you are in our prayers constantly!!
Greg

Kent/Sue Adams said...

Dear Karen,
We are so glad you had a good day today, and hope you have many more. We added your name to the prayer list in the Boise Temple again this week and will continue to do so. You are always such a fine example to everyone. We love you and pray for you daily. Love, Sue Adams

Von Orgill said...

Aloha Sister Hemenway,

It's wonderful to hear how things went on Saturday and Sunday! We pray for many, many more good days ahead! Know that you are loved and know that we all here in Hawaii continue to pray for your health and happiness.

With much love,

President Orgill

Charlene said...

Aloha Karen,
It is great to read your own words and that you can eat some. We had the missionary dinner in the Wheelwright's patio last night--sooo many new faces. Ross and I sure do miss you two. We're sure you are enjoying your family. I remember the times I've had sacrament administered in my own home just to me due to illnesses--there is a sweet spirit about it and a realization of the importance of each individual to our Father in Heaven. What a blessing to have our knowledge of the gospel. It changes all of our challenges and experiences in live. We love you and Arvel and think of you often. Keep that winning smile going. We send our love and prayers - Charlene & Ross

Kathi said...

Challenges bring on such a different perspective. For so many years you and I have had no problem eating and wish we could do a bit less of it. So glad to hear you are keeping food down, what an improvement. I pray for your constant improvement and comfort. It is good to hear you are getting out a bit but please be careful. I would love to just drop in and chat -I might just surprise you one of these days. When I woke up this morning I was thinking about times growing up (hard pears - clothes over the banister - talking in YOUR sleep - ya know the good stuff!) Hindsight really does make me laugh.
I love you more than you know,
Kathi

chrissy said...

Well, Mom, it looks like our prayers are working. Alena has been praying that you wouldn't have to eat baby food anymore, and now look at you! We love you and are praying for you daily. I guess I should've left the graduates for you;)