Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturdays are terrific

Today is the day I have looked forward to all week. It is Saturday and I have no radiation appointment. Remembering last weekend, I have really been looking forward to this day. I don't have any big plans, just a stay at home and enjoy kind of day. I don't mean to sound like all the other days are horrible, but it is nice to have a couple of days to rest up for the next week. Monday is the big day when I get the extra big dose of chemo, (as well as the chemo that I carry around with me 24-7). It makes me extra sensitive to cold--not that cold is a big problem around here. (They suggested that I not put my hand into the refrigerator without gloves.) That sensation only lasts for a week to 10 days, so I can endure that. One nice thing is that neither of the kinds of chemo cause complete hair loss. It may cause thinning, but I still have hair on my head. I have all sorts of things to be thankful for!!!!!
It has been nice to feel some energy through the week. I really feel that I am on the way to recovery. Thanks so much for your concern, faith and prayers. I appreciate them more than you know.

2 comments:

Kathi said...

Once again, you are showing us all how this should be done and endured! You are amazing, but I already knew that. I have made plans to come to Utah the week end of Valentines day - will you be my Valentine? There are a few things I need to work out but that is the plan at this point. Love you so much, Kathi

Von Orgill said...

Aloha Sister Hemenway,

It is so good to read your posts and to know of the progress you are making and the things that are improving. What a blessing to sleep in a bed and to eat without the feeding tube and having some energy again.

May the progress continue and may you feel constantly the hand of the Lord in your life and in your healing.

Please know that you are mentioned constantly in prayers here at BYUH, PCC, and in the BYUH 3rd Stake.

Sherri and I are praying for you every day and will continue to do so for however long it takes.

God bless you!

With much aloha,

President Orgill