Thursday, January 7, 2010

The regiments continue


I thought I would post a couple of pictures of mom and dad with some of the grandkids (and Chrissy) taken last week. :)
Mom had a long day yesterday. After she got her PET scan (no results yet), she had a date with the nutritionist. They put her on a regiment to prepare her body to accept the feeding tube food more efficiently. This took all day and into the wee hours of the morning. Then, she was up early today to have the PICC line placed. Hopefully she will be able to get some good rest this afternoon.

Val

2 comments:

Kathi said...

Hi yall,
Just checking into see how today went, I know it was going to be a crazy one. You haven't been out of my mind for even a minute today. My boss said just take it easy - easier said than done, and I know you wouldn't want our lives to hault. Just want you to know how much I love you. I put in for vacation for all of 2010 and have left over a week pending. If you need me, let me know and I will be there the next day. I know I need you more than you need me at this point. Remember, you are going to take care of me when I get my new "lady knees".
Love you more than you know.
Kathi

Unknown said...

My sweet friend Karen: You are right I did see Arvel at the gym today which was just like old times...he looked great and was as kind as ever....I have been following your travels and was so saddened to read your news....Please feel free to call for any assistance we can offer. 801 949-7089...your happiness is infectious and impressive...know we love you...Sue Ann Wilkinson