Sunday, May 9, 2010

Perfect Mother's Day/Birthday

It has been a wonderful day today. I was presented with a book of pictures and letters from each of our children and most of our grandchildren. My heart was full as I read each letter. What a difference it makes to feel the gratitude of others. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

I have resigned myself to being grateful for small things: Dr. Ott mentioned that I could either have surgery this week, and in a month I would be feeling as good as I am feeling now, or I could just stay on the feeding tube for a month without taking food or drink by mouth for a month, and I will probably be healed enough in a month to be able to eat again. I truly have to be grateful for the feeding tube that keeps me alive while I heal. Sometimes I feel like complaining that I have it, but truly it is saving my life.

I appreciate each of you who are praying for me. I know that the Lord is listening and answering your prayers in my behalf. I am getting stronger all the time. I walk at least a mile per day, and I can tell that my strength is increasing. Please know that I love each of you and appreciate your interest in my welfare.

3 comments:

Carol Hammond said...

We're continually rooting for you. I don't think any of us particularly like the trials we have to endure,but they are "for our experience" (darn! in a way).
Keep hanging in there!!!

Dale & Carol Hammond

Kent/Sue Adams said...

Happy belated Mothers Day. Hope things continue to improve. We pray for you daily. Love, Sue & Kent

Von Orgill said...

Aloha Karen,

What a special Mother's Day gift from your family...a real blessing for sure.

I hope you don't get tired of us telling you that we pray for you at least every morning and every night and often in between.

We love you and care about you and look to the Lord to pour out His blessings upon you (and your hubby and family)in every way you need.

With warmest aloha,

Von & Sherri