Monday, July 12, 2010

No News is Good News

I appologize for the lack of updates on the blog. I have been feeling so much better. I feel as the ungrateful servant who forgot to go back and say thanks!

It feels so good to have our bedroom back again. We really did miss it when we were in the more convenient family room. Our home is almost back to normal again.

I so appreciate all of you who have faithfully followed my progress. It has been inspiring to me to know that you care. I especially appreciated those who have made comments. They have lifted my spirits tremendously. Thanks for all of your faith and prayers...I know the Lord has heard and answered your prayers in my behalf. I feel that my progress has been rapid and miraculous.

I went in for a CAT scan today. It is just to create a base whereby other scans can be judged. The Drs. will keep track of me for 5 years before they can say that I am cured. My expectation is that at the end of the 5 years, I will have a clean bill of health.

Arvel has started working in the Temple on Saturday AMs. I expect that I will be called shortly. I let the Bishop know that I was ready for a calling. I have my visiting teaching list now and it feels like I am a real person again.

Thanks again for your loving support of me. I love you!
Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aloha Karen--You sound so good. We hope you are doing as well as you say. We leave Oahu July 23 as do the Barksdales. The time has gone quickly as you can imagine, but we are very anxious to see the children again. So glad for all your improvement. It is nice to see your smiling faces with graduating grandchildren (I suppose). I also enjoy seeing your faces each time I go on the BYUH site and click on devotionals. We love you and continue to pray for you. Hope to see you soon. Love - Charlene--Ross, too!

Becky said...

Yeah for a lady of great faith! It is so good to read that you are doing well. I like these kinds of posts!